05 April 2012

The Moon

We just wrapped up our study of the sun and moon. We learned all about the moon and kept track of the moon phases in our moon journals. Then, we culminated our study with an art project. I found this great activity at another blog- I Heart Crafty Things, and just had to do it with my students. I used her technique of mixing water and white paint for the stars in the background. We only included the sun, Earth, and moon, and of course we had to add the astronaut. They turned out great!







Click the image below for the patterns.
A bit of Moon Writing to go with our craft.







2 comments:

  1. I'm so excited you tried out our space art project! They turned out FANTASTIC! I love your touch of adding an Astronaut. That is so fun!

    Thanks so much for linking the idea back to me and for leaving a comment with your link on my blog. I am a new follower and am excited about it since I have a son who will be in 2nd Grade next year. :) Can't wait to browse through more of your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you stopped by, Rachel. Our kiddos no longer go to a separate class for art, so it's all done within the classroom. I will definitely be a regular at your blog to check out all the wonderful crafts you do. Your son will LOVE 2nd grade!!!

    ReplyDelete