17 July 2013

Decoding Strategy Posters

This summer I have been working through my to-do list which doesn't seem to be getting any smaller.  I think I'm adding more than I am actually finishing.  One of the projects that I've had on my to-do list for a VERY long time is updating my decoding posters. You can click here to see the original post from last year.  Many people asked for these, but I wasn't completely satisfied with them, so I never added them to my store.  I had made them so long ago that many of the fonts wouldn't embed in a pfd and the image quality wasn't great.  I just never seemed to find the time to update them.

Well,  I had another sweet teacher ask about them, so I thought it was time to get those puppies finished.  I am officially done. Checked off my list.   I did change some of the images from the original post last year.  I will add pics from my classroom when I get them up at the beginning of the year.

Here is the finished product:
https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Decoding-Strategy-Posters-with-Decoding-Dot-Mini-Version-777284

There are NOT colored borders on the posters themselves.  Here is why. . . I am super OCD.  I change my mind a million times.  One day I might like polka dots, then chevron, then stripes, or whatever else I come across.  So, I didn't want to commit to a particular border.   So to create a border that matches my classroom, I simply find super cute scrapbook paper, attach with double stick tape, and laminate.  If I change my mind a month later, then I reprint them and swap them out.  I also wanted other teachers to be able to choose borders colors and prints they love.


Included you will also find this mini version below called- Decoding Dots.  This little handy dandy tool is great for guided reading.  Each of my students have a copy and they refer to it while they are reading.  There is also a one page reference page, like the one above, that is a great handout to keep in their Daily Folders (Homework Folders).  This will help parents know what strategies you use in the classroom, and they can support their children while reading at home.
 
You can click the here to head straight to my store to check out this resource.

***Update- I've added a bulletin board title and lined borders for the posters.

1 comment:

  1. Hi there! I am your newest follower! Your blog is so cute and I love your clip art! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    Diane
    Teaching With Moxie

    ReplyDelete