12 February 2014

Pieces of Rock and Valentines Freebie

Valentines Day is nearly here, so I thought I'd make a little freebie for the day.  It could be used as a heart map activity or simply a coloring page.  I'm going have my students give it to their parents as a card.  I thought they could draw picture of their family in the center of the heart.  We're learning about adjectives, so I may have them write adjectives describing their family in the puzzle pieces. 

Click below to grab your freebie.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3Cmz2vCWLe6U1dQVUQ1aS1SZ28/edit?usp=sharing


I also wanted to share a rock activity we did before the holidays.  I can't believe it has taken me so long to share it.  I created it to cover one of our second grade Science TEKS.  In Texas, we follow TEKS instead of Common Core.  One of our TEKS is: Students should be able to observe and describe using a variety of rock examples, including pebbles, rocks, boulders.  I created this fan booklet to give them some perspective on rock sizes.  There is also a creative writing prompt (If I were a rock...) to get them writing about rocks.  I included an example story to spark those imaginations.

http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Pieces-of-Rock-1105343



As always, the first 3 readers to leave feedback will get this rock activity for FREE.  Please don't forget to leave your e-mail. Have a very Happy Valentine's Day!
 

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for the freebie! Your rock activities would come in handy for our upcoming science unit. I've been looking for something different to do with my class.
    Melissa J.
    mjon2@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks great! Thank you for this opportunity!
    Marcy
    marcy_sundling@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like a perfect activity to go with my science Rocks and Minerals unit!
    sherrymatheson@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete